I have to admit, I love discovering exciting free resources for use in the classroom. My current favourite are from the European Comission. They have been producing a little booklet called 'Passport to the European Union' for a number of years now. For a while it was only available as a pdf but there are now some hardcopies available again!
My class absolutely love these! They are in full colour and feature two pages of information on each country in the EU. There are also flag, famous landmark and currency stickers on each page. They fit in so well with a Europe topic but can also be used a little extra, particularly in Key Stage Two! At the beginning of this year, we spent five minutes, focused on one country per day and had frequent 'capital city' quizzes.....I have a few experts by this stage in the year!
There are also some lovely free child-friendly maps, which look great on the classroom wall!
Click here for Europe Map for Children
Click here for Passport to th EU
Have fun exploring Europe!
No comments:
Post a Comment